Our practice nurses are highly qualified nurses who can help you with everything from long-term management of chronic diseases to health promotion and screening.
• Asthma & Diabetes: Monitoring asthma and diabetes to prevent complication and optimise medication.
• Child Health: Monitoring child development and administering vaccination and immunisations including MMR2.
• Contraception: We can provide you with the full range of contraception, from free condoms to the morning-after pill, as well as offering general sexual health advice, Chlamydia testing and cervical screening.COIL fitting and Implanon contraceptive implants are services provided by the GP.
• Sexual Health Advice: General sexual health advice and cervical screening and STD testing.
• Vaccinations and Immunisations: Child immunisations including immunisations for babies. We DO NOT offer travel vaccinations, please contact your local travel clinic for advice.
Health Care Assistant
Working under the supervision of a qualified nurse, Our health care assistant is also actively involved in community outreach.
• Bloods: Routine blood tests.
• Cholesterol Checking: We offer routine monitoring and a test to those with a family history of raised cholesterol.
• Health Assessment: Health assessment offered to everyone.
• Weight / Diet: Providing advice on diet and exercise. If necessary you will be referred to the dietician.
• NHS Health Checks: Free Checks offered to registered patients aged 40-75yrs not currently suffering from any long term conditions.
• Baby Clinic: Your appointment will be sent out to you to visit the surgery for an eight week check for mum and baby. At the same time our nurse will see baby for the first vaccinations.
• Childhood Immunisations: It is important that your children are fully immunised against childhood diseases. Please book an appointment with our practice nurse.